On Tuesday, Oct. 19, adjunct faculty will have an opportunity to share their stories when the Legislature’s Committee on Public Service holds a public hearing on the Act to Provide Fair Working Conditions for Higher Ed Adjunct Faculty, S.1732/H.2723.
The hearing begins at 10 a.m. and will be held remotely. More details about the hearing can be found by clicking here, including how to watch online. Please note that there are a number of other bills that will be heard, and the session may last up to three hours.
There are three ways to tell your stories to legislators:
- Testify in person: Register by 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 18. Click here to complete the registration form.
- Submit written testimony: Send your stories to Jessica.Foley@mahouse.govthrough 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 26.
- Send video testimony: Reach legislators with the Soapbox platform by clicking here.
Other ways to take action:
- Call your legislators and ask them to support this bill (find your legislators’ name and contact information here)
- To send an email to you legislator requesting their support for the bill click here.
You can find more information about the bill here.