What Are The Benefits Of Being a NonUnion Member – i.e. what do I get for my agency fee?
Agency Service Fee Payer Benefits:
- All rights under the collective bargaining law. The union works to protect and preserve your rights under the collective bargaining agreement and state law, and works for you and with you to negotiate improved salary, benefits and working conditions
- Full representation in grievances through the arbitration step – the highest step available to anyone • Input into contract negotiations – what would you like to see improved…
- Vote on contract ratification
What Are The Benefits Of Union Membership?
There are several important differences between being a union member and an agency fee payer (non member). Agency Service Fee Benefits (above) + PLUS +
- Eligible to vote in union elections
- Eligible to hold union office
- Eligible to attend chapter meetings at your college
- Eligible to be elected to be a delegate to the MCCC, MTA, and NEA annual delegate assemblies
- Covered by NEA $1,000,000 Professional Liability Insurance
- MTA Legal Assistance
- MTA Discount/Benefit Programs*
- Legal Representation at Unemployment Hearings
- Being part of an organization dedicated to your professional dignity!
* Save $$$ on home and car insurance, entrance to museums and other New England attractions. Please see http://www.MTABenefits.com or call 800-392- 6175 for more information.