The Salary Grid Committee has completed its discussions regarding a new salary grid system that, if ratified, will be incorporated into the 2015-18 Day Unit Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and take effect July 1, 2017. The MCCC Board of Directors has voted to unanimously recommend its ratification. Below are materials regarding the salary grid so you can learn more before you cast your ratification vote.
Note: The ratification materials should arrive at your home address around Thursday of this week. If you’re a Day unit member and you don’t receive a ratification package, please contact the MCCC office at (508) 890-6688. Your ratification ballot must be received at the MCCC office by 4pm on Wednesday, May 31st. Please ensure you leave enough time for mailing and remember there’s no mail on Memorial Day, May 29.
Documents concerning the salary grid
- MCCC Salary Grid Coverletter (pdf) – This explanatory cover letter accompanies the mailed ratification ballot.
- MCCC Salary Grid Summary FAQ’s (pdf) – This document provides a basic summary of how the grid system will work and answers frequently asked questions about the grid. This document will also accompany the mailed ratification ballot.
Other education materials
- MCCC powerpoint presentation – A presentation that explains the grid
- MCCC Salary History (pdf) – An important document that provides the historical context for this agreement.
- Published Grids Faculty (pdf) – Find the faculty salary grids here. There is one for each faculty rank.
- Published Grids Professional Staff (pdf) – Find the professional staff salary grids here. There is one for each professional staff grade.
- Salary Grid Memorandum of Agreement – This document outlines in detail the agreement that will be implemented between the MCCC and the Board of Higher Education if ratified.
- Additional Frequently Asked Questions– This document will be updated regularly to cover additional questions posed about the Salary Grid system.
The salary grid committee can be reached at this email SalaryGrid@mccc-union.org