The MCCC pays all stipends for individuals when the total will be more than $100 in a calendar year.
By federal and state law, each person being by the MCCC is considered an employee. Every MCCC and Chapter Employee must have an I-9, W-4, and M-4 form on file in the MCCC Office.
Note that an I-9, W-4, and M-4 form is only needed for NEW employees. Members who have previously received stipends or worked for the MCCC do not need to complete this form again. However, they should update the form if information has changed such as address.
Chapters should have the following forms present at the beginning of the semester in case new members join the chapter’s board and receive the stipend they are due.
Employee and Chapter Treasurer Instructions
The Chapter Treasurer or President must make sure new Chapter Employees complete the following three forms. As such, Chapters should have the following forms present at the beginning of the semester in case new members join the chapter’s board and receive the stipend they are due.
For the I-9, the chapter treasurer or president must ensure that the form is filled correctly. The second half of the I-9 is to be completed by the Chapter Treasurer (or the MCCC). Chapters should also send scans of the ID to the MCCC for their records.
To deliver the documents once they are completed, chapters must send the information securely to the MCCC.
• Hand delivered to the MCCC or MCCC Personel is the best option if possible.
• Certified mail can be reimbursed by the chapter and should be addressed to:
27 Mechanic St Ste 104
Worcester MA 01608-2402
• Email to email@example.com or to the Office Manager. Please send via encrypted email such as Protonmail (avoid gmail)
Forms and Instructions
These forms are all pdfs which can be completed physically in print or electronically using software such as XOJO pdf or Adobe Acrobat.
I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
1. The EMPLOYEE gathers the necessary supporting documents as specified in the I-9 packet (page 2). Supporting documents are typically
1. Passport OR
2. Driver’s License + Original or Certified Birth Certificate OR
3. Driver’s License + Original Social Security Card
• Useful Links For Obtaining Official Original Copies for I-9 Documentation
• Massachusetts Birth Certificate http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w/massachusetts.htm
• Massachusetts Drivers License http://www.mass.gov/rmv/
• Passport http://www.usps.com/passport
W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate, Federal Government Site:
Complete step one ONLY. This is only because the stipends pay less than $500 and is insignificant to your other job(s). It’s not worth the hassle to fill out the other steps.
M-4 Massachusetts Employee Withholding Exemption Certificate