Announcement on the MTA Page: http://massteacher.org/news/conferences/summer.aspx
The MTA Conference Booklet: click here to download.
- Individuals MUST PAY when registering. This is dictated by the MTA.
- Interested chapter members should submit their names to their Chapter President.
- By June 10 at noon, Chapter Presidents submit a prioritized list of (a) NAME and (b) EMAIL to this email address: MTASummer@mccc-union.org . The first two names are guaranteed funding, and the remaining names are assigned any remaining funding based on a pre-ordained method.
- All MCCC support will be by Reimbursement upon submittal of proof of attendance, after the conference.
- If there are any nights left after allocation to chapter designees, these will be allocated to MCCC members not designated by chapters, in a random fashion.
- June 10: Chapter designees and alternates should have been sent in by noon on this date.
- July 15: After this date there is a late registration penalty. The MCCC will not reimburse for this penalty.
- July 31: First day of the conference.
- Aug 4: Last day of the conference.
Miscellaneous Facts etc.
- Wednesday is “higher ed” day, with several events of special interest for higher ed. However there are also many items of interest throughout the program.
- The MCCC does not pay mileage for chapter designees. However a chapter could decide to reimburse its attendees.
- The cost of attendance is not exorbitant – members may want to simply fund themselves.
- Suggestion to those who are not the first two at a chapter but would only attend with funding. Register and pay. You will learn on Friday June 10 about your funded status. You can always cancel at that time.
- Some of the opportunities are paid by the MTA and are not counted in a chapter’s allocation. These are on page 4 of the conference booklet (link is at the beginning of this email.) However they require application and space is limited. These are also listed here:
GRANT FUNDED TRACKS – apply soon for these, if interested. They are limited.
A limited number of grants (funded by the MTA to cover the cost of attending the conference) are available to members who meet qualifying criteria. These tracks are funded by the MTA and are not counted in a chapter’s allocation since it is strictly between the member and the MTA. Some of these tracks require an application. In all cases, early registration is strongly recommended. Grant recipients will be expected to attend all sessions of the track in which they register. All of these require you to contact someone and apply. That information is in the MTA Conference Booklet, page 4, referenced at the top of the page.
- NEW MEMBER PROGRAM (TRACK #9) Members in their first five years of practice. Visit massteacher.org/summer for a link to an online application. The first 40 applicants accepted attend for free.
- NEW PRESIDENTS ACADEMY (TRACK #10) Newly elected presidents of locals and chapters.
- NEXT GENERATION LEADERS (TRACK #11) Members within the first three years of an elected position or those who aspire to become a leader around union and professional issues. Visit massteacher.org/summer for a link to an online application.
- ORGANIZING INSTITUTE (TRACK #12) Teams from MTA locals and committees. Space is limited.
- NEW PRESIDENTS 2 (TRACK #13) Presidents either in their 2nd or 3rd year of office and have taken the New Presidents 1 track, or who are in their 4th or 5th year of office.
- UNION SCHOOL (TRACK #14) All interested members. Grants (up to 30) to be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- CAMPAIGN SCHOOL (TRACK #17) Members interested in running for elective office in their communities.
May 21, 2016