Select Payment Method
We hope you will join us in the union. Among other things, you will be insured for up to $1,000,000 of professional liability insurance, and are eligible for legal help in unemployment claims. If you wish, see this page for benefits, then use your browser’s back button to come back to this page. Over 99% of your full-time colleagues are union members.
Dues are payable the first semester you are employed in an academic year or, for full-time members, throughout the year through payroll deduction. The amount of dues/fees you will select below depends on
- whether you are full-time or part-time employee
- whether you expect to earn more or less than $9,000 in this academic year (July 1 to June 30), or not
- whether you are teaching less than 3 credits this semester (for credit-bearing courses)
- whether you already pay MTA or NEA dues/fees elsewhere.
Questions about dues rates, membership? Go here. Or contact the MCCC ofﬁce between 8 am and 4 pm weekdays.
You will be able to pay using payroll deduction from your college**, by credit card through PayPal, PayPal account, or by check. If you already pay MTA and NEA dues through another local, you will be able to select and pay only the MCCC portion of the dues.
There are three ways to join and pay your dues or fees (please choose)
1. Join and Pay by Payroll deduction (perhaps easiest) The link generates an authorization by you for payroll deduction. You will receive an email conﬁrmation that you have elected this option. Dues/fees will be automatically deducted from your pay by your college until you notify us otherwise.
2. Join and Pay by PayPal. (Credit Card) Select this link. You will be directed to the safe, secure PayPal website to make your payment by credit card or PayPal account, if you have one. Note that you do NOT have to create a PayPal account to pay your dues – simply select the option on the PayPal page to pay by credit card. Note that the MCCC does NOT receive any credit card or other ﬁnancial information about you from this transaction.
3. Join and Pay by Personal Check (download and print a form to be mailed).