2018 MCCC DELEGATE ASSEMBLY, APRIL 21 SAVE THE DATE
Courtyard by Marriott – Marlborough
75 Felton St
Marlboro MA 01752
MCCC Delegate Assembly on Saturday, April 21, 2018. Elected member delegates you will have the opportunity to debate important union issues, consider new business items, establish bylaws, and accept a budget for fiscal year July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
To become a delegate, you need to respond to a “call for nominations” from your Chapter President and/or Chapter Nominations and Elections Committee Chair.
Please see links below for more information.
- (click link above to see letter from MCCC Nominations & Elections Committee Chair)
- Chapter Delegates must be members of the MCCC and are elected by the chapter per MCCC election procedures (see link above).
- If you want to be a delegate, contact your chapter president. A “call for nominations” for MCCC delegates to the 2018 MCCC Delegate Assembly on April 21, 2018, should have been distributed by the Chapter President to all members by March 23, 2018. Report violations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delegates per chapter (click here to see chapter entitlement numbers)
- Elected chapter delegates (click here to see names of elected/appointed delegates)
Names of elected chapter delegates due to Communications Coordinator email@example.com no later than 4 p.m. on April 6
Agenda (click links below for agenda documents)
- Standing Rules for Delegate Assemblies
- Bylaws to be considered (posted by 4 p.m. April 6)
- Budget FY 2018-2019
- Alternate Budget FY 2018-2019
8:30 – 9:30 am
Delegate Registration & Continental Breakfast
Call to Order 9:30 am
Adopt the Standing Rules
Adopt the Order of Business
MCCC PAC/Frank Leary, Mike Nutter
Budget FY 2018-2019 Presentation
- Presentation of the FY 2019 Budget with Questions – Treasurer
- Presentation of FY 2019 Alternate Budget with questions – Treasurer
Presentation of Bylaw Proposal Motions (12)
1. Adoption of the FY 2019 Regular Budget
MOVED to adopt the proposed FY 2019 MCCC operating budget of $1,166,694. This FY 2019 budget represents a FY 2019 MCCC dues rate of $297 (no increase) for DAY unit members based on approximately 2,328 DAY unit members and a MCCC dues rate of $89.00 (no increase) for DCE and other part-time unit members, based on approximately 4,517 DCE and other part-time unit members. Dues for agency fee payers and others qualifying for other rates will be discounted accordingly.
2. Adoption of the FY 2019 Alternate Budget
MOVED to adopt the proposed FY 2019 MCCC operating budget of $860,438 and the accompanying MCCC policy changes necessitated by the extreme budget cuts. This budget will go into effect if the Supreme Court rules that the MCCC can no longer collect agency fees. This FY 2019 budget represents a FY 2019 MCCC dues rate of $297 (no increase) for DAY unit members based on approximately 1,814 DAY unit members and a MCCC dues rate of $89.00 (no increase) for DCE and other part-time unit members, based on approximately 1,763 DCE and other part-time unit members. Dues for agency fee payers and others qualifying for other rates will be discounted accordingly.
Amendments to the Standing Rules must be submitted to the Bylaws and Rules Committee at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled opening time of the Delegate Assembly. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
** New Business items must be submitted in writing to the Presiding Officer prior to the scheduled opening of the Assembly. 252 copies must be provided.