2017 MCCC DELEGATE ASSEMBLY, APRIL 29 SAVE THE DATE
Double Tree by Hilton
5400 Computer Drive
Westborough, Massachusetts, 01581
Union members please take this opportunity to participate in shaping the direction of the MCCC. As a delegate to the MCCC Delegate Assembly on Saturday, April 29, 2017, you will have the opportunity to debate important union issues, consider new business items, establish bylaws, and accept a budget for fiscal year July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 which may or may not involve a dues increase.
To become a delegate, you need to respond to a “call for nominations” from your Chapter President and/or Chapter Nominations and Elections Committee Chair
Please see links below for more information.
- Delegate Assembly – Article VI – MCCC Bylaws
- Election of Chapter Delegates procedure
- Delegates per chapter
- Elected chapter delegates (all posted by 4 p.m. April 14)
- Standing Rules for Delegate Assemblies
- Bylaws to be considered (posted by 4 p.m. April 14)
- Budget FY 2017-2018 – $12 dues increase being proposed
8:30 – 9:30 am
Delegate Registration & Continental Breakfast
Call to Order 9:30 am
Adopt the Standing Rules*
Adopt the Order of Business
MCCC PAC/Frank Leary, Mike Nutter
Presentation of the FY 18 Budget
with Questions – Treasurer
Adoption of the FY 18 Budget
Motion – Treasurer
Presentation of Bylaw Proposal Motions
- Chapter Delegates must be members of the MCCC and are elected by the chapter per MCCC election procedures.
- Chapter Presidents forward elected Delegate Names to the Communications Coordinator no later than 4 p.m. on April 14, 2017.
- If you want to be a delegate, contact your chapter president. A “call for nominations” for MCCC delegates to the MCCC Delegate Assembly on April 29, 2017, should have been distributed by the Chapter President to all members.
- Come join your colleagues from our 15 community colleges around the Commonwealth.
* Amendments to the Standing Rules must be submitted to the Bylaws and Rules Committee at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled opening time of the Delegate Assembly. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
** New Business items must be submitted in writing to the Presiding Officer prior to the scheduled opening of the Assembly. 252 copies must be provided.