Got Retirement?Chairs to Relax in

Wherever you are in your career as a higher ed instructor or professional staff member, it is in your interest to be informed about your retirement benefit and about planning for the transition out of state employment.  The HR office at your institution may be of some assistance with this.  You also might engage the services of a financial planner who understands the needs of higher ed employees of the Commonwealth. 

For MCCC members who are contributing to the State Pension System, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts State Board of Retirement maintains a helpful web site.  Here, you will find a current retirement application, forms for service buybacks, a pension calculator and more.  In addition MTA employs several part-time retirement consultants who are available to advise members about and to help members through the retirement process.

One of these consultants, MCCC member Ed McCourt serves the needs of all higher ed for MTA.

Ed may be contacted at  Call the MCCC Office to Contact Ed  or at  Call MCCC Office to Contact Ed.  He is available to work with members by email and over the phone.  Ed also schedules visits to higher ed settings state-wide, such as chapter visits, to do individual and group retirement counseling sessions.  He welcomes contact from individuals as well as campus chapter leaders.